Friday, March 27, 2009

My lip rings hurt a lot...

I think that if they don't heal soon, I will take them out. This sucks. I don't want to take them out, but I don't want them to be ugly and gross and infected for the rest of my life, either. I tried to play this harmonica part that I learned for my set, and I can't do it 'cause my freaking snakebites hurt to bad. 

Me and my grand ideas. 

A good friend of mine is in town from - where is he in town from? I forget, but he's in town anyway and we're all supposed to hang out. I'm excited for that - hoping it doesn't turn into a huge party-sesh, but stoked to see him (and the rest of my friends, for that matter) nonetheless. 

I'm happy to be done with the week. My plan for the weekend is - make my mom and sister a birthday present. I don't have money for rent, let alone money for presents. It's a humbling feeling, not being able to get your own family presents for their birthday. Then again - I suppose it's pretty privileged feeling being an American that expects presents for a day of the year, too. (Which isn't to get myself off the hook - but I figure having food and roofs is a pretty cool thing.)

Now I just sound like an insensitive jerk. I think a lot of my words have been coming out nice and crappy lately - due to stress or irritability or whatever else. 

Sorry, world.
Sorry, God. 

Anyway - Flyleaf is playing in the background at the shop I'm sitting in. I go back and forth on these guys but they have an entertaining live performance, and Lacey Mosley wears those hot sunflower hippie dress things and spins in circles and is beautiful. 

I'm excited to play next week. That will be fun. Just finished reading The Heroin Diaries. That was crazy. 

I've had this chorus in my head all day:

I CAN SEE A LIGHT THAT IS COMING
FOR THOSE THAT HOLD ON
AND THERE WILL BE AN END TO THESE TROUBLES
BUT UNTIL THAT DAY COMES
STILL I WILL PRAISE YOU

1 comment:

Can Opener Boy said...

Hey little brother,

Your journey inspires me, your honesty challenges me and your love for life and people brings me joy.

Keep on keepin' on!

~ Keith