Saturday, November 8, 2008

It has been too long...

Wow. A whole month - even longer - has gone by since I've written anything on this blogging page. I don't know what the happened. I seriously never realize how fast time goes by until it's gone.

Aww... that's such a cute little cliche thing to say. Little Levi. 

Brandi, my girlfriend, set up a free show at Starbucks last night that I played along with some friends and this band - Ives. It was definitely the most fun I've ever had playing a show. It was incredible. She did such a good job setting it up. Seriously, like, 60 people came to the thing. My friend Amanda even brought a firepit and we roasted marshmellows. It was great. 

I met an awesome person named Christopher last night. Seriously, man, if you read this blog, you were the biggest blessing to me. Incredible.

I'm sitting in Satellite right now, listening to some coffee shop mix consisting of Manchester Orchestra, Band of Horses, Bright Eyes, and Death Cab. Yep. Sometime soon I'm planning on setting aside a day to write some new material and start working on my CD.

Life is exciting right now, though. Some cool opportunities have come up for me to be able to play quite a bit, and I'm going to tour with my best friend and his band We Were Born As Ghosts in January... so I'm stoked. 

I miss HM a lot. It sucks. I get pretty bummed out sometimes. That place really had an impact on me, and I probably just consider Doug one of my best friends now. It was a beautiful time, and will be one of my fondest memories without a doubt. 

I'm doing some work for Veil Arms Clothing now... helping out with shows and promotions and bookings and what have you. I'm loving it. I'm so happy that I didn't have to come back to Starbucks. This is where my heart lies, and I'm stoked that the Lord has so blessed me. I seriously don't understand it. It's crazy. I never would have dreamed that he would work things out the way that he has. 

I read a very encouraging verse the other day. It's from 1 Corinthians 3, and it says:

Everything belongs to you: 22 Paul and Apollos and Peter ; the whole world and life and death; the present and the future. Everything belongs to you, 23 and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

That's just really beautiful. I've been thinking about how we are given every spiritual blessing, and about how much potential we have in Christ. It's something that I can't possibly begin to grasp. It just blows my mind. 

God just blows my mind.

The End.

No comments: